Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Changing colours

Before I started the rag rug, I could have sworn I had enough of each colour to finish it. The answer to that would be a no!

Top 1/6th and bottom 1/6th had green in, I then began the next two portions only to find just a bit of green left and far too short to be of any use. Ah well, nothing for it but to change colour, which would have meant a trip to a local charity shop.

DB however, remembered he had seen some blue material up in the loft and brought it down. It was a little darker than I would have wanted but once it weaves it way throughout the rest of the rug, I think it will be okay.

I have also remembered that every time I change ends, to re-jig my rolls of fabric to stop definate pattern formation. Anyway, here with the new colour plus another 10 strips of each colour wound onto cardboard tubes:



7 comments:

  1. It's looking good. Hope your stash of rolls lasts out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. I am toying with the idea of sewing together the last bits of green, somewhere near the middle so it all blends in!

      Delete
  2. Thought the first picture was of toilet rolls.....oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too when I looked again. Perhaps the manufacturers are missing a trick. Love your new picture!

      Delete
    2. Why thank you DC, I do cut a dash don't I ;-)

      Delete
  3. It's coming along nicely! Clever DB making the frame and clever you sorting out how to do the turns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you from both of us! Only problem now is I have a slight RSI injury in my wrist so can't do much more until it eases off:(

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.