Monday 18 July 2016

Cor blimey gov!

First of all, welcome to Sally Kelly via Bloglovin.

I have no idea what this virus is that I have had for about 10 days or so, but I wish it would go away.

It started with aching shoulders and the tops of my arms, followed by an internal combustion!

Then I felt as though I had been well and truly kicked in my solar plexis and all that area. The aches then moved down my spine and into my hips. Similar to how you ache with flu but without the high temperature. It hurt wearing clothes in that region, sitting up, lying down, nothing helped after a while:(

A few days after the aches (which are still present), my throat went sore and very itchy as did my eyes. A while after those started I would sneeze for a while, have a runny nose and cough for a while, before the sneezes and runny nose abated.

About 8 days in, I am still 'bone' aching everywhere except my knees and ankles. My throat is slightly better but has moved further down. My nose alternates between dribbling to nothing. Sometimes I sneeze, at others times nothing. Still no temperature. My eye sockets hurt but I am not at all stuffed up and can at least breathe normally.

I was completely off my food for the first few days but am eating now. Most days I just lounge around, hardly having any substantial energy. DB has been a brick.

Come on virus, don't know what you are but please go away.

13 comments:

  1. That sounds horrible! Made worse by the hot weather I expect, when everyone is outside enjoying the sun. Get well soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you it sounds awful. A while back I did a post on my little blog about Matcha tea. It's not cheap and a bit of an acquired taste but since I've been drinking it I've not had so much as a sniffle and no aches and pains. It must be getting on for 18 months or more since I started and it's worth every penny. I've stopped other stuff to justify the expense though. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since retiring early, I have hardly been ill or even had much contact with crowds, so have no idea where I have picked it up.

      Delete
  3. Get well soon. The problem with viruses is they're virtually untreatable, you just have to let it run its course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hopefully not much longer to go although I now have a shooting pain above my right ear:(

      Delete
  4. Get well soon as that sounds really horrible.
    I missed all the tennis by being away, so pleased to hear they won through. Argentina next in September perhaps Andy will play, although Kyle did really well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyle did very well, his Friday night match was in quite heavy rain.

      Delete
  5. That sounds nasty. I hope you get rid of it soon-x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you have been so unwell. This doesn't sound like the flu to me. Have you been to see a doctor? I'm not a physician or any kind of expert but I'm wondering if it's something like a bad case of shingles. There might be something that can be done to alleviate your pain. I hope you get some answers, and some relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had the flu once so know this isn't that. Not shingles either. If I get any worse I shall get checked out.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.