After a delay of more than a year, DGD hopes to be christened late summer early autumn. I have been asked to make her dress - gulp!!!
The bodice instructions were weird to say the least and although we made it large enough, it ended up way too small once sewn and turned inside out. It had also been totally unpicked and resewn three times. Just the bodice took nearly 3 days and way too much stress.
That one ended up in the bin. I took a day off to lower my stress levels and we set to using a pattern we have used before. This test dress will I think need loads of altering even though we used the template from one of her new dresses to measure things.
It is way too short so she can wear it (if it fits her) as a summer top with shorts. I am only interested in how the bodice looks. I think it may be a tad wide, and the front of the neck will need lowering. The arm holes may need lengethening as well.
I am currently not competent enough to add sleeves but could manage a ruffle type thing. I think other Gran could knit her a nice bolero to keep her warm.
Anyway, herewith the first practice piece: