I reckon it took us both not much more than an hour and a half to complete the first coat. We tried to be careful in the hope there wouldn't need to be a second coat as the paint was rapidly disappearing!
In the end, one coat sufficed with touch-ups and there was just enough paint leftover to put into a cleaned out paint sampler pot for touching up the dining room door should it need it:
They are the new carpet tiles. We managed to get the 10% pension discount. Also, instead of going for the 5 for the price of 4, we bought boxes so each tile worked out at £1.86 instead of £2.36. We have yet to decide about a door mat as we think a large one is needed, especially when visitors are here and we go walking in muddy areas.
Again, as in the kitchen, we have budgeted for spares, for replacement, if individual tiles cannot be cleaned up for some reason.
More next time!