Tuesday 25 April 2017

Weather & tennis

I decided in the end to bring the tomatoes in overnight and take them back out each morning once the mini greenhouse warms up a little - it will be just too cold overnight, despite fleece, for the next few nights. I shall be glad once these frosty nights disappear so the garden can get on with things. It is all stop and start.

I gave up watching Dan Evans yesterday as he was 4-1 down - big mistake. DB carried on listening to the match and Dan came back to win. That will teach me! I caught up with the replay later on. A close run thing but a good win in the end. Kyle also won but they are both playing very good players in the next round so time will tell.

Unfortunately, Jamie and Bruno lost:(

Been for chiro today, earlier than planned due to some sort of weird cramp in my back and ribs. For the most part it has eased off but I had been in pain for a few weeks, so hopefully, it will now go away.

More tennis to watch - on replay on tennis tv. I miss being able to watch our women play on the same place, but it has brought the monthly cost down to £9.99 so very good value now. Also, you only have to pay for the months you want to watch!

6 comments:

  1. I covered everything in the greenhouse with fleece last night and thank heavens they've survived, there are too many to bring in and no electric there to put a frost buster heater. Think that's something we need to sort out.
    Just started sleeting here...brrrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did contemplate leaving them out with a hot water bottle in there but changed my mind:)

      Delete
  2. I took one of the pieces of polythene off the polytunnel doors yesterday and then heard the forecast on the radio so I left the others in place. Luckily I also covered everything up, back under their plastic covers in there before closing up for the night. This morning we had hailstones lying all over our land and snow on the hills opposite so I'm glad I heard the warning.

    Hopefully this week is one last icy blast and then we will be in for more plant friendly weather :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frost is forecast for at least 3 more nights here so won't be putting the tomatoes back out until Friday at the earliest.

      Delete
  3. Ive still got everything either under glass or, if in the polytunnel, inside a cold frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't believe how strange this weather it Spring has brought colder weather than Winter did.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.