Although I am still working on a rug for beside the bed, I thought I would do an experimental one. For both these rugs I am using fleece. I find the stretchy side of the fleece and cut it into 1" to 1.5" inches strips (depending on their thickness). When done, they are stretched (makes each strip 2 times or so longer), and joined together.
Inside the inner front door (from the conservatory to the inner hall), lies a little brown mat. Nothing wrong with it but since decorating, it doesn't gel colour wise and can be used elsewhere.
For this experiment, I decided to see if garden mesh would work and give me a rug that can be thrown into the washing machine. I usually use rug canvas which has become very expensive and cannot safely be washed as it occasionally falls apart.
Here is the garden mesh having just been cut into shape:
Then onwards, normal locker hooking done. It has a slight tendency to curl on one side as they were oblongs and not squares to work with. If I had thought about it a little more, I should have missed out one row to sort out the tension. Hey ho, live and learn.
Here are a few more pictures as it progresses: