Tuesday 16 January 2018

Gifts...

First of all, welcome to Valerie22522 via Bloglovin.

DB has gone shopping to spend his Christmas book voucher. He said he hadn't had one for years, so I bought him one. He loves book shops and could happily spend an age in them, me not so long. I would rather him enjoy himself browsing than have to worry about me wanting to move along!

I think he is also looking for/at shoes as he is down to his last pair that he uses every day. Whilst heels and soles can get replaced on certain types of shoes, these have an enormous split on the sole and are not the kind that can have a replacement fitted.

Does anyone still repair their shoes nowadays?

One of the presents I received from DS and DDiL was one of these:
I haven't started it yet but hope to do so soon.

They also gave me a large envelope thing full of used coffee grounds, ideal for my blueberries! Thanks guys.

10 comments:

  1. Yes my husband has his shoes repaired though I have difficulty persuading him to take them before they are past help!
    Our shoe shop does the repairs very reasonably. I took a purse needing a new zip and they did that to. So far the purse has lasted another 15 years!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some good repair shops around.

      Delete
  2. I love to browse a book shop and could spend an age in one. Sadly most of the footwear we buy these days doesn't warrant paying the money to get them repaired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we repair our shoes whenever we can, but like DB's Alan's tend to split where they can't be repaired. I also had my bag strap fixed at the cobblers when it snapped recently, he just stitched it back together for me and made a really good job.

    I like useful presents and would be thrilled with a bag of coffee grounds :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That and the mushroom kit, including coffee grounds to grow them on, was a lovely surprise.

      Delete
  4. I always put my coffee grounds in the composter perhaps I should save them for when I pot up my blueberry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supposed to help make the ground a little more acidic.

      Delete
  5. Over here we can go to any coffee shop (Starbucks etc) and they will give you coffee grounds. As you can imagine they have a lot!!
    I remember my dad repairing all our shoes when we were kids but I don't know anyone that does that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is the same here for coffee grounds.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.