Sunday 14 November 2021

Trench composting

So far so good with regard to actually digging and filling trenches. The end of my raised bed (bed 3), has so far had 3 trenches filled. Trenche 4 is almost done and I should be able to squeeze another row in before starting at the opposite end of the bed. I use a large hand shovel to dig a line about 6" wide and 8" deep. Kitchen scraps are put in and buried:


It is supposed to take about 3 months (don't know whether that means all year round or just the warmer weather) for it to be composted and integrated into the soil. We shall see. I think I will have a few potato seedlings sprouting as witness to the small green shoot in the top picture!
 

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting way to compost. I may have to give this a try in my two large planters.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can be done anywhere in a garden but we only have raised beds.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.