Sunday 26 July 2020

Cook in the bag chicken

Firstly though, what lovely rain we had yesterday afternoon and evening. The garden looks great (if still a mess) and more due tomorrow. The water butts are completely full again.

Whilst away, DDiL cooked us a delicious roast chicken dinner using one of the above. We hadn't tried them and did so the other day.

Instructions on the bag and online were different so we guessed. It took longer than they said and the skin wasn't as crisp but boy, was it moist.

I plated up 4 meals, two for another day, and we still had a cereal bowl of chicken left plus plenty of gravy:
I also cooked my roast potatoes the same way as her and they also worked out great. Never say you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

A roast dinner is a rare treat for us as I get fed up of all the work, to then eat the results so quickly and deal with pots galore afterwards.


6 comments:

  1. It looks really delicious and I always reckon a roast chicken is great value.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This one was £5 and we plated 4 meals and had enough for a sandwich each another day.

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious, I love a roast dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, just don’t like cooking them much anymore. When I do, I like to do enough for 4 or 6 plates, so we can enjoy them another time.

      Delete
  3. I cook a roast most Sundays, I often buy the chicken in a bag from Aldi too, although we prefer beef the cost is usually far too high. As I'm cooking for 6/7 people it's always quite an effort and the washing up afterwards is mega, I like to make a cauliflower cheese and huge home made yorkies to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! I adore cauliflower cheese, DB hates it!

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.