Thursday 23 July 2020

My garden is a mess!

Last year, we started the process of reducing the space between plants in the garden to make things easier. A lot more needs to be removed because I am starting to lose my gardening mojo. I ache more, can’t kneel for too long and am getting more fed up with it looking tatty each year.

We have a path of bricks in the back garden that are weed and seedling infested. We thought about lifting them, putting down weed fabric and relaying them. DB suggested weed fabric and carrying our terracotta gravel though and I concur.

I want to move raised bed 3 and join it between beds 1 and 2 to make one long bed. That will have to wait until all vegetables are finished as wooden sides need to be removed and soil dug out, stored temporarily then transferred in.

I feel if we don’t get on with it this year, I will get more cheesed off. We shall see.

6 comments:

  1. Theres always something to do in the garden. We lived with our garden for 18 months before making plans. Theres still work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have changed ours quite a bit over the years. Ah yes says DB, things have only been here a few years, time to move again:(

      Delete
  2. Mine is a mess, too. We're trying to fix it up but it takes time when it is hot. Plus we're old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly age is now a factor. I am nowhere near as enthusiastic as I used to be.

      Delete
  3. We have been doing the same thing. Trying to find ways to cut down on the weeding and such as we are both very stiff after doing what needs to be done.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.