Monday 16 May 2022

Shortages...

We had to go to 4 different shops the other day, to find my usual deodorant. They had other versions of it but not the one which really works on me. 

DB needed his usual over the counter medicine, nope, none to be had. In the end we bought a different brand. The chemist had quite a few gaps on their 'behind the counter medicines' and indeed, Boots Chemist has already warned about some hayfever medicine shortages. Let's not forget the HRT shortages currently ongoing.

We popped into Marks and Spencers food hall, their chunky chicken and chunky steak were still the same price so I bought 4 more tins. The steak and kidney tins were nowhere to be seen, again...

10 comments:

  1. My daughter hasn't been able to get the deoderant she likes. I couldn't get any rapeseed oil anywhere but my son finally found me a large bottle in Aldi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think oil will probably get worse and any wheat based products.

      Delete
  2. So far we have been lucky here and have had no shortages. I do hope the new over the counter medicine works.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are seeing gaps in some items appearing. Could be delivery/distribution problems.

      Delete
  3. Yes, we are really starting to see shortages now aren't we. I'm just doubling up on some of my favourite things each time I shop, but I'm not panic buying like a guy I saw in Aldi the other day with 10 bottles of Olive Oil in his trolley ... or maybe he just wanted to do A LOT of frying that night ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t mind people being prepared but 10 seems quite a lot. I remember just as lockdown was starting, a woman pushing a trolley, then using one arm to literally clear tins off the shelf into her trolley

      Delete
  4. There are a lot of gaps right now, aren't there. I'm glad you got what you needed. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems to be more in Lidl than Morrison’s but expect that to change.

      Delete
  5. I am seeing gaps in supermarkets, but I haven't struggled to get what I want.
    With you saying that you are hearing about hayfever medication shortages, hopefully that won't affect me, as I have to keep that in check, otherwise my asthma will be affected. So I hope I don't find issues here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the article I read
      https://www.allergyuk.org/news/piriton-shortage/

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.