Friday 11 August 2023

A lovely garden tea

 One of a few courgettes from DDiL after our visit last week, tomatoes, baby aubergine, chilli and beans from our garden. Rice and an onion (not shown) from the shops:

Beans were steamed in the rice cooker with the rice. Everything else was cooked in the air fryer. Two delicious bowls of food, fresh as can be:
I have to say, my greatly reduced cooking equipment, air fryer, rice cooker and the pressure/slow cooker, are the only things I use apart from the very rare use of the cooker for potatoes.


6 comments:

  1. I still consider myself a newbie gardener having started just 2 years ago on retirement. Yesterday we had our first ever 100% home grown salad (tomatoes, cucumber, baby spinach, mixed leaves, mint and chives) I was so pleased, and to add to my joy, my granddaughter asked for "seconds of salad, please Grandma ". The taste of these things freshly picked is amazing! Are aubergines difficult?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the second time growing them in many years. We aren’t too keen but these slim ones tempted me. Very like a house plant, seem to need warmth and protection but others may know something different. Well done on your salad.

      Delete
  2. All I can say is YUM. I grow eggplant every year. We love them and they love the heat of a Canadian Prairie summer.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just as well you like them if they grow that well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks absolutely delicious, and so fresh and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasted fab as well. Shall start looking to see where they are here ready for later on.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.