Saturday 23 November 2019

Appliqué - !

Is not something I am enjoying or want to repeat. My shapes were cut out and heat bonded to the squares. Then I tested the satin stitch I wanted to use to edge the shapes just to be safe. Turns out the sheet I bought to cut the squares from is a bit thin, it almost went like lace, not good.

Been out to get some lightweight iron-on re-enforcing material. That now needs cutting into squares and ironing on the back of appliqué squares. I shall do one as a trial, stitch it then decide if that is working. I may also need to re-enforce the non appliqué squares so everything matches. Time will tell.

Onwards and upwards!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a lot more patience than me! But then I don't do sewing anyway....least of all applique or quilting. Sewing a button on is my limit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really. It is something I offered to do, thinking, how hard can it be!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Try a little spray starch on the thin fabric and a good pressing - it will give it a bit of body - you can also play about with the width of your zig zag stitch to get a good finish or try the blanket stitch on your machine to stitch the applique into place - hope that helps xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trudie but the soft lightweight interfacing seems to help. I have adjusted the stitching as well.

      Delete
  3. Perhaps that is why I have been scared to even try to applique even though may machine has a special stitch for it.

    Hope everything works out this time.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The extra bit of iron on stuff is helping. Thanks.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.