Tuesday 25 February 2020

Pancake Day, nom nom,

We are traditional for the most part, topping ours with lemon and sugar. When DS and DDiL were in Canada, they brought me back a bottle of real, deeply flavoured, maple syrup. Although it has just run out, date wise, I shall try and finish it off tonight.

We make ours from scratch but I know you can now buy shake up bottles, packets and ready made. For those who don’t have time, these are great. For us though, there is something deeply satisfying about making from scratch, a reminder of childhood days.

2 comments:

  1. I love a good pancake. I am a great fan of maple syrup but don't get it very often as the price is a little high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just simple pancakes with lemon and sugar. The best!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.