Monday 5 June 2023

Baking and harvesting...

 A few days ago, I made some cheese scones and a bread and butter pudding in the air fryer. The scones had to be carefully turned halfway through cooking but came out great:

The bread and butter pudding tasted lovely but wasn't quite set in the middle, note to self:

After dehydrating 5 trays of elder flowers, here are the results. First picture, combed off the stalks:

Almost packaged, look at all that lovely pollen (about 1 teaspoon in all) which helps with the flavour:
Into an 8oz jar:
We shall harvest at least once more, in a few days time.



5 comments:

  1. I often make scones in the air fryer now and they come out well, but have found that loaf cakes don't cook properly in the middle. Your cheese scones look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cover mine with foil until halfway cooked, then uncover. Seems to help.

      Delete
  2. What a great harvest!!

    You are certainly getting the most from your air fryer.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It and the slow/pressure cooker, plus microwave do almost everything.

      Delete
  3. I've not made any scones for a while, seeing your reminds me that I really should, they look lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.