Friday 9 October 2015

A bargain

Essexgran - this is the last call for your address via a comment so I can post the book you won. If I haven't heard from you when I read my blog first thing Monday morning, I will have to draw another name out of the hat.

Coming back from our chiropractic appointments the other day, we stopped at a roadside farm shop to buy a few things. We saw huge bags of apples outside so bought one of eaters and one of cookers:
Each of the bags of apples had a weight between 2.5kgs and 3.75kgs, both at £1.50 each so very good. Yes, some of the eating apples were bruised but most were fine. The cooking apples were Lord Derby which I have not used before.

As you can see, we also bought a few raspberries and plums to put on top of our morning porridge. The carrots were so sweet, they were just amazing.

Anyway folks, hope you have a lovely weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Bargains. It is ages since I cooked Lord Derby but I believe they break down to a fine mush. I do remember they are very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had them last night, they hardly needed any sugar.

      Delete
  2. Definitely a bargain! I've never heard of Lord Derby apples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither but when you know there are thousands of varieties, most not available in the shops, its not surprising.

      Delete
  3. I have just come across your lovely blog, I am now following your posts. Best Wishes Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.