Saturday 2 March 2019

Whilst food shopping this week....

We had a good look at other peoples shopping on the conveyor belt. The lady behind us put on 17 cups of latte coffee (the kind you add boiling water to). At £1 a piece that is quite an expensive way to drink coffee, at work presumably. Maybe it is too much of a faff to make up your own latte, I don't know as I only drink it when out as a treat.

We did well this week. I bought us two Quorn curry meals to try as I keep seeing them advertised. I will make my own but wanted to see how the ready made version tastes. It was microwaved from frozen for 7 minutes and was lovely, quite spicy. I shall have a go making my own next.

If you don't like the sliminess of mushrooms I would recommend using Quorn chunks in well seasoned dishes as the texture is similar to chicken.

Our total spend was just over £32 all in. It included a small cake treat, some drain cleaning solution (tried home made stuff and it isn't clearing) and the said curry meals. Any meat or fish I need for the main part of the meals is already in the freezer.  About £10 of the shopping was for our pantry stock up.

7 comments:

  1. The commercial drain cleaners do a good job, I have found.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up the wrong one but it sorted it out.

      Delete
  2. Love peering in other peoples shopping - usually thinking "what a waste of money!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One trolley we saw was cakes, biscuits, desserts. A party we thought but no, they - mum and daughter were working out what to eat for breakfast, lunch etc.

      Delete
  3. I like to have a glance at other peoples shopping, it never ceases to amaze the amount of money people spend on shopping. But then I don't know how long the trolley full is lasting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We go the same day and time each week so know most are weekly.

      Delete
  4. Pretty sure if people looked at what I was buying they would wonder what on earth I was feeding Harvey. I sometimes think the same thing when I look at others carts.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.