Friday 8 October 2021

Epic Double Fail

 I opened a brand new packet of yeast today. Opening one of the 8 sachets inside, I baked bread. Total fail. I repeated the make, opening yet another sachet, total fail:

They didn't rise properly therefore didn't cook properly - they are as heavy as a brick. Having had an error come up on my bread making machine, I wondered if it was that so watched it go through its paces on the second loaf. I tested the yeast after the second fail, yes, I know I should have done it after the first:( 

Dead as a dodo! Almost 1kg of flour wasted, I hate waste!!!

On a better note, the chocolate cookies and the start of advocaat muffins went fine.


5 comments:

  1. If the yeast was in-date I would write to the manufacturer, you should get vouchers to the value of at least your yeast and wasted flour. If you word it nice and friendly and show you are informing them of the fault rather than complaining about it they should be very grateful. If it's a bad batch I'm sure others will have been in touch already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could do but I have previously had failures on two occasions with their yeast so shall get a different one.

      Delete
  2. Was there an expiry date on the package? Or were they stored somewhere very hot? I keep my bread yeast in the freezer until I use it.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. July 2022! Kept in a cool cupboard. Might try freezer next time.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.