Saturday 23 October 2021

Washing and creating

Yesterday in the wind and slight warmth, I managed to get all the dog bedding washed and mostly dried. Today is grey and dismal but our bedding is on the line. I doubt it will dry but at least it will have some fresh air and hopefully dry a little.

The past few days I have been busy, amongst other things, starting to create my Christmas cards. General ones (20) have been stamped and hand coloured. Just the inside flysheets to do then they will be finished.

I have now started on our family/friends versions. Hope to get them completed by the start of next week, we shall see.

Must check stamps and see if I need anymore before the Post Office, like everyone else, decides to raise the price on them. Gosh, things are getting so expensive all round aren't they?

6 comments:

  1. I usually make my cards in January, recycling the ones I have just received, whilst I still feel Christmassy. I clearly got carried away and made too many in Jan 2019 - I have found a box in the loft labelled 'cards for 2021' [I had forgotten all about them, although they obviously made the move from Dorset to Norfolk in April] I will do a letter to go inside, simply to ensure that people are up to date with all our family news. But as that changes from week to week, I wont do that till late November. My daughter does not want to say the C word in front of 5 yr old child. So she keeps referring to "When we are celebrating the birth of our Lord...." which is both accurate, and mildly amusing. I'm sure my very bright granddaughter will cotton on soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you were busy then. I use card fronts as tags for presents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a good drying day here today, as it was windy rather than being still. It makes such a difference to get stuff dried outside doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does, glorious smell. Ours got half dry then were finished off indoors. Radiators only on occasionally at the moment.

      Delete
  4. I hope to make a few cards next week if not tomorrow. Not many as we no longer send out the number we used to.

    I am going to have to try the old card fronts we get as tags. A great way to recycle and save on costs.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works well, we haven’t bought tags for years. Sometimes, depending on the picture, I can get several from one card.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.