Monday 30 January 2023

Frying and baking

Firstly fish fingers and chips. At 20 minutes for the chips and 14 minutes for the fingers, it proved two minutes too long on each so the timings have been adapted. They were very good nonetheless:

Next, chicken and ham mini pies (4" across):
Air fried for 10 minutes at 190C, turned out and over, put back in for another 5 minutes, lovely and crispy. The parsnips were roasted on air fry for 15 minutes:
Finally, browning meat for a stew, just 10 minutes air fried, stirring after 5 minutes:
I normally have a hard time getting meat to brown in a frying pan, so was mightily impressed with this.
 

8 comments:

  1. Your air fryer is sure doing a bang up job.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the experimentation is going well. You seem to be getting the same results and timings with the air fryer that I get with my Remoska, so perhaps I was right not to be tempted to get one.

    When I saw those pies without their lids and then you said 'turned over' I did imagine a very messy pan until I carried on reading. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked a Remoska, very nice. Not quite sure how one cooks but the air fryer has a heating element in the top plus fan, so a bit like a turbo grill?

      Delete
    2. A Remoska has the heating element in the lid, wrapped around the little viewing window, it's just missing the fan part. But once you get used to how to place any small items of food it doesn't really need a fan to cook things very evenly.

      Delete
  3. My Remoska ended up being taken to the tip! It did a fantastic job of cooking but the black coating on the lid started flaking off. I rang Lakeland customer service and they said I was to send it back for a replacement. The replacement did exactly the same and since then I've read about other customers having the same problem. (Remoska group on Facebook) My air fryer - Ninja AF 160 Max - cooks frozen chips in 10 minutes; chicken thighs in the same pan are cooked in 6 minutes, half the timing given for oven cooking. My oven is no longer used, just the hob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ours, just getting used to what to select, timings and what will fit in its drawers.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.