Friday 26 February 2016

Frangipane Mincemeat Muffins

I adapted this recipe using just the frangipane section (and adapting that as well).

I dropped the sugar down by 20g, used margarine instead of butter (as it was all I had), added 1 teaspoon baking powder, plus 3 heaped desserspoonsful of mincemeat leftover from Christmas. It was done in the all in one method rather than beating sugar and margarine together etc.

I used an ice cream scoop to divide the mixture between 8 muffin cases and baked them for 25 minutes at 190C. They were just slightly too dark so next time, I shall cook them at 180C and see how they go.

They have a lovely texture and you can taste the mincemeat without it being overpowering:
Three when cold went into the freezer for our walk next week, the rest we shall eat in the next few days.

Although the frangipane element is a GF recipe, it should work just as well with normal flour.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

2 comments:

  1. These sound so good, I love frangipane and adding the mincemeat was a stroke of genius. I would imagine they are not too sweet, which is how I like my muffins xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just right on the sweetness front. I always use 10g or 20g less in every recipe if I can.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.