Tuesday 22 May 2018

Ugh!

Just removed a tick from a rather uncooperative Ruby. I hate them. Stamping on it didn’t kill it so I whacked it with my rolling pin!!!

I get them occasionally on me, blasted things. Cotton thread works quite well but as we now have a choice of two removers, shall use one of them in future.

Glorious weather isn’t it. Unfortunately, 3 out of my 5 peonies didn’t make it through the winter. First time in 31 years I have lost them, so it must have been wetter than normal, even in our gravel garden.

3 comments:

  1. When my cat had a tick the vet told me to use surgical spirit - worked a treat! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We used to do that with our last dog but now they have a special gadget to remove them safely.

      Delete
  2. I dislike ticks intensely, and after Harvey and the boys go fishing I usually have what seems like a houseful of the pesky things. Do they dig into the men??? No, it seems they much prefer my tender skin.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.