Tuesday 29 November 2016

Blanket

You may remember me starting a blanket ready for use this winter. Well, it is nearly done. I was going to make it 8 x 8 squares but we now have two armchairs rather than a settee so decided to make it smaller, 6 x 8 squares.

Also, the chairs are in a new colour so I am in the process of adding that colour in wool to the blanket. The squares before the first top line of the new colour added:

A section with one line added - the other line going in the other direction will be done in the next few days. The new colour is also around the edge:

9 comments:

  1. I'm so envious of clever people like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only learnt to crochet this year using this site https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=99-Od5Mrnzc

      she also does the same for right handed people.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to look at that site I can knit and I do but crochet nope not managed it despite my mum saying it's easier and trying to teach me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She shows stitch by stitch and also tells you exactly what she is doing for each bit of the stitch. I made a few mistakes but just kept pulling back, catching up again and re-watching the video. Within a few hours, over a day or so, I finished my first square.

      Delete
  3. Very nice! I think it might be a while before I tackle crocheting. I am currently trying to teach myself how to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so pretty. You have my admiration as I still haven't cracked crochet. It just feels so alien to me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but your sewing skills are way above mine:)

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.