Wednesday 20 June 2018

The boy done good....

Andy returned to a standing ovation at Queens yesterday and it was just lovely to see him play again. Yes he was a bit rusty at times, other times, brilliant shot making. I think he could have actually won the match in two sets but missed a few shots he would normally get. Nick prevailed in the end but I think went ‘absent’ a few times. He seemed to feel the pressure and couldn’t relax, knowing he was playing his friend, who was returning from long term injury.

The weather today is blustery to say the least. However it is set dry and due to get more and more hot and humid from the weekend on. I really must water the front garden as some plants are starting to flag.

I’ve done the final potting on of my two chilli plants and started a strawberry garden in bed 3. I have decided to keep one bed as veg and give the rest over to fruit. The bed down the drive, currently growing tomatillos, will remain and used in future for tomatoes and beans.

4 comments:

  1. The garden sounds lovely. I never have any luck with chilli plants: hope yours flourish and give you loads of flavour sensations! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine have to grow outdoors and takes their chances.

      Delete
  2. It was good to see him back and looking fit and well for the first two sets but things certainly caught up with him through the third. I guess he will want to play Wimbledon if he can for the match practice.
    Another good win for Kyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he was getting pooped in set 2, hence the mistakes. He really could have done without set 3. Can’t imagine him trying 5 sets! Kyle is doing well and certainly maturing nicely isn’t he?

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.