Wednesday 6 June 2018

Double yuck!

Couldn't sleep Monday night so got up at 12:45am to have a tot of tia maria! By 1:45 still wasn't asleep so got up again for a bit of a wander to stretch my legs as I kept getting foot cramps. As I was about to get back into bed, I noticed a small flat object, about 2mm wide on the sheet. I picked it up with a tissue and put it to one side.

This morning when I had my glasses and examined it under a powerful lens, it was a tick. Dead, as I had attacked it with scissors last night just in case!

This prompted a thorough search of the sheet. I found two black specks, about 1mm wide and examined them. One was a tick, the other a speck of dirt. Both of the ticks had a little blood in them but both were dead.

Tossing and turning last night must have removed them off me and then I had flattened them somehow. Considering the one I removed off Ruby took a rolling pin to flatten it, don't quite know how tossing and turning could have done it. Both still had their mouth parts so that was good.

Had a massage Tuesday morning and she couldn't detect any bites on me.

When changing, I have always put my trousers on the bed without thinking. I now need to stop this with having Ruby. Even though we are keeping away from any long grass at the moment, they must have still gotten onto them, then wandered off, onto the sheet.

We now check Ruby several times a day and so far, can't find any on her but maybe we won't until they have a feed.

Doesn't bear thinking about:(


3 comments:

  1. I agree - yuck. Hopefully your care will deal with any issues before they start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewwwww, ticks!! Harvey and Kris quite often bring them home from their fishing trips. Do they stay on them?? Nope they seem to head right to me. I told them no more unwelcome visitors allowed. They now supposedly check for them before entering the house.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A relative of spiders, I’m just glad all spiders don’t behave like that!

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.