Tuesday 29 November 2011

Baking & Making


The wind is howling outside and shouting down the wood-burner. The great thing about wood-burners being enclosed, no smoke comes into the room – you just have the lovely howling noise. Have managed to get some clothes on the line but will shortly have to bring them in as the sky is getting darker.

Made a new loaf of bread today substituting 2oz of white flour for 2oz of soya flour. Looks fine, will let you know how it tastes when we get around to eating it.

I have started a new page tab looking at what food is in season in the UK for each month – beginning with December. It comes from a great site that also covers Canada and the USA.

Had some leftover roasted vegetables so made some soup. To these vegetables, I added one litre of vegetable stock, one tin of value tomatoes, a tablespoon of tomato puree and a teaspoon of fresh, chopped rosemary. 



Tasted great and worked out at 55p per bowlful including the bread – one of my more expensive soups!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good. I think I will make some. Roasted vegetables are one of my favourite things to eat, so soup made from them is sure to be a hit!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.