During the Easter weekend, I got on with sowing my outdoor seeds. It was only as I was studying my map of planting for this year that I realised my first mistake - I had sown peas in Bed 1 when they should have been in bed 2.
Ah well, they will have to stay there, be harvested then the area replanted with what should be in there, which is carrots, lettuce and radish. I also did a small nursery area of leeks. They will actually be transplanted into bed 3 when the time comes but this little patch in bed 1 is the only spare ground for now.
Bed 2 had peas and broad beans sown and the small raised bed 4, some beetroot and spinach.
The other big mistake was in sowing a couple of round courgettes and tomatillo seeds. I thought the compost looked a little strange but it was only as I was packing everything away, I realised they had been sown in manure instead of compost - oops!
They will probably die in which case, I still have time to sow some more in the proper compost.
Honestly, what am I like.
On a different note, remember my aborted jumper, well, it was duly sewn by hand into a cushion cover. I sewed the bottom of it closed with a different colour wool so it can be unpicked for washing if necessary: