Monday 5 November 2018

Piccalli making

Sooze, I sent you an email from my email, but am not sure if you got it.

You can find the recipe for this under my recipes tab above or here:

1kg vegetables soaked overnight in salt, rinsed and drained:
I have adjusted the recipe to suit our tastes:
Mixed with enough apple cider vinegar to combine:
Sugar and honey ready:
Remaining vinegar ready:
Sauce was made and boiled for 2 minutes before vegetables were added. They were then boiled gently for 5 minutes:
Potted into hot jars and lids put on immediately to help create vacuum:
They now need to store for a minimum of 6 weeks to help develop the flavour. We like to leaves ours longer than that before eating. Two jars didn't pop but they will be fine to eat after the maturity date for about 3-6 months due to the amount of vinegar.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We love piccalilli as does DDiL’s sister!

      Delete
  2. Mmm - looking at all those ingredients makes my mouth water. Delicious!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this recipe as the vegetables stay crisp.

      Delete
  3. I did get the email, thank you. I've sent you an invitation on my blog, but it doesn't seem to be working (so I've been informed). Am trying to sort it out at the mo. The piccalilli looks lovely....unfortunately I can't eat it, it has a very adverse effect on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn’t do DS any good whilst I was breastfeeding him either(:

      Delete
  4. My husbands favourite, how did the sandwich versions go? Is it just a matter of cutting things up smaller?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.