Thursday 29 November 2018

Shrinking.....

No, not me, apparently for now at least, I am still as tall as I ever was!

I am referring to packaging sizes and/or contents therein, which have been shrinking for quite a while now.

Although I normally make my mincemeat every year, this year I haven’t. There is still one jar left from last year to make pies with but I needed some for a quick cake. On getting said jar home I noticed it no longer contains 1lb (454g) but just 411g!

Also, a packet of 24 Weetabix, that has never fitted upright on my shelves, now does so, so clearly each biscuit is smaller.

For our morning walk this week, I bought a packet of Jaffa cakes, now contains 10 rather than 12. Do they think we haven’t noticed?

Other brands of cakes and cereals are available!


15 comments:

  1. I know, it really annoys me that the manufacturers think we're complete idiots. I notice all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND prices are increasing as well. It's not great!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And going to get a whole lot worse I think.

      Delete
  3. I have noticed these things as well, they think we are stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would say it is to keep the price the same but they must have spent a fortune changing machinery to reward.

      Delete
  4. Pound shops have been doing this for ages so they can keep the price steady. They hope we dont notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least they try and sell mostly useful items.

      Delete
  5. It annoys me for things I need for recipes. For example with your mincemeat, I might need to buy 2 instead of 1 and have a whole lot left over. I'm not so bothered on snacky stuff like jaffa cakes, I probably eat too much of those things anyway.

    Of course the only other option is they keep package sizes the same but charge more, and people will complain about that too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most of us notice the changes and not just in food but in cloth and clothing. Tshirts, blouses, socks and underwear especially women's even jeans are no longer as heavy and sturdy as they used to be. I really wish they would just up the prices and I would buy less often but have better quality food and clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true about jeans. Nettles now sting me through them.

      Delete
  7. It's crazy that they think we don't notice. So many products are shrinking and the price is rising. I picked up a butter an that was 225g instead of 250g.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadly, its been going on for awhile.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.