Saturday 3 November 2018

Using my instant potato

For tea, I thawed the remaining leek and chicken bake from the previous week:
We didn't have enough real potato or even enough instant. I made up what we had and had a think how to stretch it further. Eventually I drained and rinsed a can of baked beans and added them to the instant mash:
It was put on top of the food in the dish, a good grating of cheddar cheese was added and it was baked in a hot 200C oven for 20 minutes. Unfortunately, we ate it, shared between us before I remembered to take a picture. Sorry...

It was good though and I shall add beans to more potato dishes in future.

7 comments:

  1. Love these sort of throw it in recipes. Always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love curried beans but I make my own with a bit of curry paste and a few sultanas, much cheaper. Shame no photo, but maybe best or I would be drooling, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dad always called these types of throw it together meals goulash. We loved them.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bought some instant potato yesterday so ill be giving it a try next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might take a bit of getting used to, but made with butter, milk, water and pepper, it is a good imitation.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.