Monday 29 June 2020

Birthday card for a friend

She doesn't do much web related stuff so doesn't read this blog, therefore I am safe to show it to you! It measures 4" x 4" and has a lovely sheet of ready printed paper on the base. On top of that is scored vellum, the 'with love' top (created by me) and a cut out butterfly:
The advantage of putting things on top of vellum is that it covers where you stick it to the base card. The stamp below and butterfly are from another set. It looks blurred here but is lovely and crisp on the card:
I enjoyed making it. Also each day, I am doing a little of my chosen postal Christmas gifts, which I won't be able to show here as several of the recipients read this. They will take me quite a bit of time as there are many elements to what I have chosen to do and lots to make.

I know it is early but last year, I was almost too late to make anything so am starting early this year!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love to see cards made by other people, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I saw someone on tv scoring white card as a topper and thought I would try it with vellum, worked a treat. Could even have gone the other way to create squares.

      Delete
  2. It's really beautiful. Lucky friend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I have made a start of making Christmas cards and gifts too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely. And what a good idea to use this time to get ahead for later in the year ... I'm very carefully NOT mentioning the C word ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a couple of ideas that I want to do for Christmas but I need to muster the energy to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a lovely card, I'm going to hsve to get back to card making as we have been self isolating and have no more bought ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Starting early for Christmas is a great idea. I usually start in August so as to get everything made in time.

    Love the card.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss your posts and hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.