Friday 12 June 2020

Swearing - moi - really

The pattern I am knitting is getting to me. It was bad enough that the yoke part was done and dusted until I realised the the last line of pattern was incorrect. I had realised it looked incorrect but carried on before having to pull it out.

Got past that bit. Did the five rows including the final button hole but it wasn’t right somewhere. So today, both Ruby and DB wisely left the room as I started to explode. So far, those 5 very simple rows have been pulled out and re-knitted 4 times. Sorted.

Then I did the double cast off line and was almost at the end of it and realised way back at the start, another mistake.

Then we all had a much needed break to take Ruby to the vet for an annual jab.

Once back, I intended to pull out just that row but no, 4 rows came undone because just one stitch slipped before I could stop it. It is all picked up - again. I shall try again tomorrow.

Honestly, you couldn’t make it up could you.


12 comments:

  1. I knitted a tea cosy for a friend and it was really hard. Like you I pulled it to bits on more than one occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think tea cosies can be difficult.

      Delete
  2. I'm finding that modern patterns downloaded from websites have far more mistakes than old ones produced by the wool companies!

    When did charts become the big thing? I knit lace from the old patterns and have no problem keeping track of my rows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, wouldn’t attempt anything with a chart.

      Delete
  3. Raising my hand as to the pulling out rows. Heck I have been known to take a project right off the needles and pull the whole thing out and start over.

    You will get this pattern down and be an expert on everything that can go wrong.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so as it is very pretty.

      Delete
  4. Now I know why I only knit dishcloths!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having already pulled down more rows this morning, Saturday, I might just give up. One more attempt today.

      Delete
  5. One reason I usually use the same patterns over and over - adapting them now and again. Then if it's not right it's my fault!
    Sounds like it needs a week in a cupboard hidden from view then returned to win new eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a good idea but I want to try and finish it as I have a couple of face masks to make.

      Delete
  6. How annoying I hate getting that happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully by the end, I will understand it more.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.