Friday 18 December 2020

A simple Christmas - plus - some Brexit changes from January that may affect you

 If you like to travel, see here.

More travel and citizenship/living abroad changes, see here.

I have made myself make a few 'nearly vegetarian' sausage rolls, using my made up recipe from last year, see here.

I still need to make a few mince pies. Christmas Eve is going to be our Christmas day this year for family reasons - hopefully! This means that our meat and a few treats, need picking up early morning on Christmas eve. Once back with that, we will open presents. There will be no chance of a main meal in the daytime. Instead, I shall do a simple lunch and our main meal will be in the evening.

Due to my awful lack of enthusiasm, I am doing a simple but almost ready made meal, something I have never done before. Most of it will be picked up in the morning - if this fails, we could be on sandwiches:(  

I shall cook a few vegetables as DB doesn't eat one of the main vegetable components. Pudding is bought in, just custard to make or ice cream to go with it. It should make a pleasant change and a chance for us all to relax in the short time we hope to be together.

 

12 comments:

  1. We certainly are living in 'interesting' times, I was thankful for you giving us the link to travel. The ways things are at the moment I don't think we will be going anywhere anytime soon but it is nice to keep informed. Hope your get together goes as planned, have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad to be of help. Same to you.

      Delete
  2. I think we are all doing Christmas in a way that suits us best this year, yours sounds well planned.

    We will have it very quiet, just time together, hopefully a long walk with the dogs on Christmas Day and a short visit to Mum's on Boxing Day when we may be able to see my brother there for a while. There will be lots of phone calls and no doubt our family Facebook pages will be full of photos, so I will get to see my grandchildren and great-grandson that way.

    We simply have to make the most of things don't we and stay as safe as we possibly can. I hope your plans work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas plans sound perfect. I've always been someone that believes Christmas can be any day it doesn't have to be 25th. When I worked shifts at Christmas we often switched things around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m still half expecting things to not happen. If we can just get to see family, I will be fine for another few months

      Delete
  4. I have my fingers crossed and am praying for you.🙏

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Here we are pretty lucky. As both our sons live alone they are allowed to choose another household to bubble with and they chose us. Just hoping they both get home safe and sound. One never knows what the weather will be like on the prairies of Canada.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have the weather to contend with as well. Some rivers are getting swollen here so I really hope they don’t have floods to worry about as well.

      Delete
  6. It sounds good and a great way to make the most of what you have and to get the emphasis right for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.