Monday 7 December 2020

Chilly ...

 It is nearly one in the afternoon, still below -1 Celsius here. Went for my massage this morning. Although the roads were fine, I had to be careful going up and back down her wooden steps. Despite being salted, they were still very slippery. I certainly needed it and she struggled to release my shoulder blades. The usual popping of lumps just didn't happen. I do feel a bit freer though which is nice.

Had a lovely chat with DGD and her parents yesterday. She has discovered her tongue and is doing all kinds of things with it. Brrr, mmmm and ddddd are all appearing in her speech pattern. Since last week, she has managed to raise herself up on all fours and rock backwards and forwards.  Unfortunately, during one such rock, her arms gave away and she face planted onto the carpet. Crying and cuddles needed:(

Won't be long now until she starts crawling methinks. Such fun they will have with her then.

Still waiting on quite a few presents for Christmas. One or two, which should have been available this week, have now been put back to later in December or even January. Hopefully, that won't happen otherwise we shall have to send them in the post.

All Christmas cards and postable presents have been sent. Just a few hand delivered cards to put through letterboxes.

Menu and shopping list prepared for later in the week. I really must force myself make some sausage rolls and mince pies - come on woman - pull your finger out!


8 comments:

  1. Cards are out here as well. Baking will be finished this week hopefully, and I will be able to get back to hand quilting very soon. Just have the cat bed to make for Kris's cat's gift.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done. The gift for the cat sounds very nice.

      Delete
  2. The littlest are such fun aren't they? My youngest grandchild is 2 and it seems like every time I get a video or Skype, that she's become a whole different child!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are. Can’t wait to hold her.

      Delete
  3. They grow up so fast don't they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even faster it seems when you can’t physically see and hold them.

      Delete
    2. I know, the last time I held my grand daughter was just after this time last year. It's her birthday today and her Mum has fallen out with my son and is refusing any visits ... even if they were possible. She didn't refuse the birthday and Christmas money off me though and takes the full maintenance my son pays her each week without allowing him any access. He's not seen his daughter since September. Sad times.

      Delete
    3. Indeed! Always the worry with having a son isn’t it. I thought Grandparents now had rights in these situations?

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.