Saturday 26 December 2020

After yesterday - today!

 Herewith, a not very good picture, taken in the dark, of Ruby's lovely new hand made leather collar:

We had a very quiet Christmas Day. It was made better by a long video call with DS and DDiL (busy cooking their meal) and of course DGD who waved, smiled, gurned and mimicked me huffing at her. I said Nan nan nan to her and she nan nanned back. She certained seemed to enjoy her first Christmas dinner!

All our presents were welcomed yesterday. Some were off our wish list, others thought about. They got me a venus fly trap to grow from seed, goodness knows if I will succeed but a great idea. I hate flies in the house with a vengance. I shout FLY, and everyone stops what they are doing to get it out. DDiL had no idea what was happening when we first did it! We try to trap them in glasses to throw out but they get swatted if not as a last resort.

We shall have a repeat of yesterdays dinner as two were plated up. Pork pie, sausage rolls and vegetable nibbles for lunch. I saved a bit of the gammon stock to make a small amount of soup for us tomorrow.

Today saw us move into the STAY AT HOME tier 4. No more meeting E for walks for goodness knows how long. We had only just started up again but to be honest, it was getting miserable sitting out in the cold to eat food that rapidly turned fridge like.

The daily figures will be all over the place now as Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland aren't posting any/all of theirs until well after 28th December, or longer. Figures posted are only from England and they are high enough.

Although we knew coronavirus had affected a few people we didn't personally know but had heard about on the grapevine, it was brought home at Christmas. Someone we knew well, in our village, died with it, just before Christmas. He did have underlying conditions but was reasonably fit beforehand. Our area's numbers continue to rise, probably due to the new variant. Can't believe it won't be long before all of us are in tier 4 or we go into another lockdown.

On top of that storm Bella is coming tonight. People are already flooded out or close to being so, fields are waterlogged to say the least. We really don't need you Bella, you can pootle off somewhere else but of course, you will come. I think this is what we can expect now that world wide weather systems are changing.

On that 'happy' note ha ha, I shall leave you.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good Christmas Day, Ruby's new collar looks lovely ... proper posh
    :-)

    The whole of Wales is already Tier 4 and it's a gloomy dismal tier to be in, no shops except food shops and chemists and no personal services. I don't know when I will be able to get back into England now, I don't even know what Tier the flat is now in, it was Tier 3 which seemed so much more relaxed than here in Wales. But we just have to go with the flow and stay at home as much as we can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did wonder if you would be stuck.

      Delete
  2. What I don't like is that there is no end date to us being in tier 4 and I have stuff to do for house moving like getting photocopies and ID again which means going out - although reading the rules it seems things to do with house moving are allowed! -Luckily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, slightly better than full lockdown.

      Delete
  3. Glad that you had a lovely Christmas. I read about your numbers in England today, but thought it was for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as well. I do hope you stay safe and well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday was all except Northern Ireland.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.