Monday 2 November 2020

Craft room development

Another bug bear has been my craft room, or the area of the spare bedroom where I craft. I just have not got any storage. Everything is in boxes on the floor and I just get so annoyed with it all. Also, this room, being a spare bedroom, is used when we have DS and family to stay.

Up until now, I have been reluctant to take it over but no more. I think the lockdown has encouraged me to get going. When we visit them, we sleep in rooms that also house other things so from now on, they will need to do the same. Mind you, that thinking didn't allow for a travel cot and granddaughter. 

So, spending head on, I have also bought a tall storage unit and a desk with two draws from Ikea, which were delivered on Sunday and put up Monday. I also have 4 Ikea peg boards on the wall directly in front of me. On these, hang numerous boxes and shelves.

Before the changes, loads of things scattered on the floor and table top:

Afterwards - so much better. The desk is 150cm long by 50cm deep:
 
I am still sorting out what to put in the tiny cupboard (30cm x 30cm x 180cm tall). I think it will work well. Things have already changed from this photo regarding the peg boards. 
 
My dies and stamps are in CD floppy plastic sleeves, in a box, too big to fit the tall cupboard. We have just sent off for solid clear plastic CD cases that don't have the middle bit in. They fit perfectly in those, without being squashed. Once all have been transferred, they could go on a CD shelf to the right or above the peg boards.

Onwards and upwards!



12 comments:

  1. Looking good. I certainly like the desk looks as though it will have a lot of potential. Take care and enjoy your crafting. Pattypan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely, lots of space and storage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Just need to organise things a bit more.

      Delete
  3. That loos brilliant! You will be very well inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love an area like that but like you were, I'm reluctant to at the moment. One day in the future, fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just decided enough was enough. Still looking for a good overhead light.

      Delete
  5. I just bought the same desk for my youngest one, as a computer desk ( they have laptops nowadays at school and do their homework online...) the size is just right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking very good - seeing it all in front of you should be very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks amazing, and will be so much easier to work in.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.