Wednesday 11 November 2020

Failed attempts!

 So far, three styles of card are in the bin. I am trying different shapes, mixing card stock colours as well as trying various stamps and dies.

I think I have now settled on my next style so shall produce a few of those to add to my stash. I am getting to grips with my Derwent coloursoft pencils. They don’t have a huge range of the right greens but will do for now. They certainly need sharpening quite often. 

I prefer the muted colour they produce on kraft card rather than white card so that will be the mainstay of this years cards.

Over-stamping once coloured produces a crisp finish which I like.

8 comments:

  1. I live craft card too. I bought a cheap pack from poundland with envelopes and I've been card making too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get some more subtle colours.

      Delete
  2. I haven’t started my Christmas cards yet. I have plenty of ideas in my head, but how many will come to fruition, I don’t know. I think I will definitely be doing some over-stamping though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh ... it seems lots of bloggers are card making, must be something to do with the time of year. I look forward to seeing yours, unless the recipients read your blog of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound wonderful, I do hope we get to see some. I have made a start but must admit they are very simple this year I am concentrating on the gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas cards are on the list to be done next week (between craft projects). I always seem to leave them too late.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cards are the only thing on the go at the moment. Can’t muster up enthusiasm for anything else, especially as we might be on our own, who knows!

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.