Tuesday 17 November 2020

Yum!

Anyone who knows me well, knows I really am not keen on Christmas pudding. I generally prefer a nice flavoured sponge. We bought one of these packets from Lidl the other week:


and tried them last night, just in case DB wasn't too  keen. I had one as well and guess what, they were blooming lovely. They were a bit sweet but well flavoured. You could detect good sized chunks of fruit and nuts. They also have a decent amount of sloe gin, brandy and rum in them. Better still, they took just 40 seconds each in the microwave.

I bought 3 more this week to squirrel away as their expiry date is 2022!


8 comments:

  1. If you love them that much, buy another pack every time you go shopping and build up a stash. A Christmas pudding ... like a dog ... is not just for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might be too many not that DB would mind. Don’t want to get sick of them, but there again...

      Delete
  2. Those mini puds are an excellent idea - a taste of Christmas but no leftovers - I need a trip to Lidl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also buy their Christmas biscuits. We really loved Christmas in Germany.

      Delete
  3. I've bought Lidl puddings for years now. I even found a luxury one in the cupboard that was out of date so I sliced it up and froze the pieces and just microwaved a piece at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having a pack of those! Our local Lidl has some gorgeous Christmassy foods in this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, a mini pudding that will save calories as well as time in the kitchen. My kind of pudding.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a shame we don't have a Lidl otherwise I would have tried them. I have just made my usual pudding in readiness for the season.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.