Monday 23 November 2020

Pudding as a meal?

Sunday afternoons are usually spent chatting to family, usually DGD and her family. She is getting very mobile now, chatting, clapping and laughing. She gave us a lovely smile as well. We are keeping our fingers crossed for a visit at Christmas but if it is only to be a total of 5 days, will have to share that time with DDiL's family as well. 

The usual timing is such that I don't have time to cook tea when we finish. Being cooler whether we have taken to having a decent sized pudding for the meal:

These are gooseberry and blueberry crumbles. We had half of one each, with custard for our tea - delicious. Normally we would have a meat based meal for lunch but this time I had a smoothie (to counter the pudding), and DB a sandwich. The other one will go in the freezer.

It is also our excuse for wading through the stack of frozen fruit in the freezer, going back a couple of years!


14 comments:

  1. Nice! I've been known to have pudding for breakfast, and a bowl of cereal for tea if we've had a big lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think pudding as a meal is a great idea. It would feel like a treat. I would not need an excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think pudding for a meal is fine, as is breakfast for tea or sandwiches for breakfast. I just see food as food, we are just conditioned to see certain foods as only being 'right' for certain times. I think my mindset was changed with something someone said to me years ago about if you want to eat a family sized packet of crisps or a full tube of Pringles go for it, just don't have it AFTER your dinner ... have it FOR your dinner, that way it's not extra calories in, it's just not as healthy ones which is fine every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. When I watch films like Pride and Prejudice, it seems strange they are eating cold meat etc.

      Delete
  4. I do the same and have a pudding as a meal. When I go to a restaurant I'd much rather a starter and pud than the meal. I find the meal and pudding too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will usually have a main but only a pud if I can manage one.

      Delete
  5. Sounds delicious. We have a pudding as a meal occasionally or a bowl of porridge if we are not really hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! I love porridge but it no longer likes me. I feel yuck afterwards:(

      Delete
  6. I binged watched the series 1940's House and was amazed at the puddings created from rations. I often have fruit and yogurt or a sandwich rather than a meal at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We made some lovely puddings and cakes during our 6 years of rations, through necessity.

      Delete
  7. The crumbles look lovely. Bet they hit the spot.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.