Thursday 9 May 2019

Walking in the rain

Our walk this week, see This Norfolk Life, was conducted in the rain. We were not looking forward to it as the forecast said heavy rain. As it turned out, it wasn’t too bad.

We walk in all weathers and only holidays or injuries stop us.

The rain has done wonders for the garden. Plants have stopped struggling, the front garden is full of lush, green plants and fat buds. Two of the rhubarb plants have developed fat crowns, waiting to burst forth.

My water butts are all full and the raised beds have had a thorough soaking. It might have been a bank holiday washout but the garden is thankful.

10 comments:

  1. You're braver and more hardy than me, I hate walking in the rain. Especially if it's windy too (as it quite often is here).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very windy at times but we had full wet weather gear on so were fine.

      Delete
  2. We need some rain here, it is so dry.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get some soon. In our part of the county, we have had a dry winter.

      Delete
  3. My garden looks much better after the rain too. I walk in wet weather as long as I have the right clothes. I'm not so keen on windy weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don’t mind what the weather is as long as we have the right clothing on.

      Delete
  4. It's amazing how quickly plants revive after rain.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My plants seem to have doubled in size.

      Delete
  5. I must admit I am not a fan of walking in the rain but it is always good for the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garden has greedily received it all.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.