Friday 28 August 2020

DB made a cake!

Not recently I might add as we are eating differently at the moment. 3lb loss for me so far and 2lb for DB.

Occasionally, he fancies baking. So cakes were looked at, recipe selected and any requirements bought during our weekly shop.

He decided on coffee and walnut and chose a Mary Berry recipe (smaller than we anticipated though):

It tastes lovely although we both thought the coffee butter icing needed a bit more coffee. We added a little extra and didn't use the small amount of milk suggested.

For me as with all cake recipes it was too sweet. When I bake I always reduce the sugar. It still got eaten though!

4 comments:

  1. Coffee & walnut is my favourite cake, I almost never have it (or any cake) now though...husband doesn't like it and, being diabetic, I don't eat cake much. On the rare occasions when I do bake, I always halve the sugar amount, done it for years. Husband's never commented! Well done to your husband, mine wouldn't attempt a cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He likes to bake, we just try to resist temptation. He once made a fantastic sachetorte.

      Delete
  2. I find almost all cakes too sweet these days, and if we are out and about and get a slice of cake between us I have to wash it down with strong black coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I usually have either a toasted teacake or a well flavoured cheese scone.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.