Tuesday 4 August 2020

Starkers in the kitchen....

Apparently, vitiligo (and a very small number of other conditions), glow in the dark and is a way dermatologists check your skin to rule out other conditions. Mine is vitiligo as it glows differently to the other conditions.

DB got his UV black lamp out and when dark, I stood naked in the kitchen for him to check me over. I lit up like a Christmas tree when you first start putting the lights on it!

Several small patches on my neck and shoulders, some tiny ones near my chin and a host over my arms and hands.

I might do it again tonight and see if I can get a reference picture to track it’s progress. The site I read also suggests you keep away from disco’s that use these lights otherwise more than just your white clothing lights up!

That won’t be a problem then.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know that, how fascinating. It would be good to have a reference photo for future use ... and you might get a few more readers visiting with a post title like that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Videos! We need videos!😳

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, the things you can learn reading blogs. Hope you don't find any more !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I did not know that. I hope you don't find any more patches.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me as well. At least if I photograph them, I can check so that’s good

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.