Monday 8 February 2021

Covid 19 Nationwide Testing Kit

We have about 2” - 3” of snow it is very, very cold but less windy:


I received my kit the yesterday. Here is what was in it:


I had to read the blue instruction booklet a few times to get the jist of it. First thing, was to go online and book the courier, got today, weather permitting!

Today, I attempted to swab both tonsils, and failed. I have had a sore throat on and off for nearly a year now so maybe it is super sensitive. I couldn't stop gagging and was in danger of throwing up so gave up that element after a couple of swipes:(

However, doing both nostrils was fine and I snapped it off into the the test tube. Labelled both it and the bag, sealed the bag, put it in the box (once made up), attached a return label to the company and put it into the fridge until collected.

Now I have to wait about 5 days for the results, if indeed they can get any results. How exciting to be selected and feel like I am at least doing my bit!

A very long online questionnaire was filled in.

I have been called for my vaccination later in the week so am looking forward to getting it done. Looks like it will be the Oxford one as my doctor is doing it at our surgery. I am not too worried about the current news surrounding it as the survey was tiny.

They didn't have the freezer storage for the Pfizer one so DB had it done by our doctor but at another practice.

11 comments:

  1. I get tested every month for the Office for National Statistics and it is not pleasant! They also take some of my blood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn’t do every month unless it was just the nose or spit version. Bloods would be okay though. Kudos to you.

      Delete
  2. The roads have cleared but will freeze overnight. We have postponed food shopping for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your vaccine goes well. My friend has been taking part in the covid trial in Newcastle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it’s just round the corner rather than a drive away.

      Delete
  4. Well done to you.
    Yes, it's cold today and likely to be colder tomorrow, I gather. Beeeee.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I gather. We were like snowmen after walking Ruby this afternoon.

      Delete
  5. Well done I am not sure I could cope swabbing my tonsils without gagging. We have had a little snow here bit it left as quickly as it came.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must admit I wasn’t expecting it to be so bad.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.