Tuesday 26 May 2020

Finally....

I started to plant my tomatoes and 3 runner beans into my raised beds. They had outgrown my mini greenhouse and had been hardened off. I still have the capability of protecting them with fleece if necessary:
 Some still waiting to go into the above plus pots.
3 dwarf runner beans:

I do wish we would have some rain. The ground is extremely dry and being on a water meter, I don't like to use the hose. However, I have been having to as everything is beginning to droop.

2 out of the next 3 beans have come up, obviously the 3rd one died in situ.

7 comments:

  1. RIP, little bean!
    We're supposed to get some rain next week round here - hopefully you will too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a bath? If so that is an ideal way of recycling the water. There is a way of draining the water from the washing machine too but not sure how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but not many containers to pump out into. We do this when desperate such as during a drought.

      Delete
  3. I jealous of your plants mine are way behind. But I'm hopeful I'll still get some goodies over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was late sowing so am pleased with the results.

      Delete
  4. Your raised bed and plants are looking good. We are watering ours every evening as dry as dust here in Suffolk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think it will be long before the farmers have to use water hoses.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.