Saturday 30 May 2020

I realised yesterdays post

Made me sound a little down in the dumps, not so I am glad to say, after many months of feeling like that last year.

Looking back on this lockdown time, I have made DGD 3 knitted items, 1 dress and another about to be started. We have done hours and hours of family research and managed to take our lines back a few more generations - money well spent.

We have had online dog training for Ruby, done gardening, kept making her food every fortnight, done lots of walking and done more chatting to neighbours whom we already know. Plus out on walks with Ruby, in our very quiet village at the moment, we have exchanged lovely words with other dog walkers who we don't normally meet.

We have adjusted to medical phone calls (no video here I am afraid), queued to get medicine (usually only one or two in the queue), learned a new way to shop and generally kept away from people. That is sometimes very difficult as they don't keep away from me and I have resorted to loud growls at them which generally makes them back off.

We have spent more time on FaceTime with DS and family, and watched our DGD blossom from a 10 week early skinny premature into a bouncing baby. We have also done exercise with them once a week, usually using our Wii Fit.

Exercise with them is usually decided on how tired they are from a larger more robust exercise routine with DDiL's sister and mum.

More pictures from the front gravel garden which could do with rain:

I spent half an hour out there this morning dead heading. A loaf of bread is in the machine and I have got two loads of washing on the line and it is only 09:40.

My mojo seems to be working well, don't know what I was on about!

9 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you are keeping everything ticking over very nicely during these strange times and achieving lots of new things too ... and your gravel garden is looking gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your garden looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowers and Gardens are so rewarding in so many ways and especially these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound very busy indeed. I loved the dress you made for your grandaughter. I too have learnt new things throughout lockdown. But I have had LD fatigue which makes me feel down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just made a list of what I have been doing and was amazed at the list. I am filling my days well after all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I published before realising about your link so deleted your comment within 10 seconds, phew.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.