Saturday 6 July 2019

A second reduced plastic shop

It ain’t easy.

This time for our weekly shop, we tried Lidl and Sainsbury’s, who did have a few more loose fruit and vegetables but not many. Herewith a picture of mostly recyclable:
We also had 2 x 2 litres of milk in recyclable plastic but they had gone in the freezer. A lot had cardboard outlers but plastic inners. The crumpets and potatoes had no recycling mark on the packet, so the wrappers went in the bin. Although I bought some lace to make myself some net produce bags, I didn’t get around to it. The fruit and tomatoes went in plastic bags which are recyclable.

And fully recyclable:

Not good is it. We prefer to shop at Morrison’s. Some stores will be bringing back loose fruit and vegetables. Let’s hope one of them will be close to us. The above cost £35.


6 comments:

  1. Morning! We do what we can here but the tragedy is that I fear we are fighting a losing battle. My daughter went to America recently to stay with a friend. Meals were eaten with plastic cutlery which was used ONCE and then thrown into the general rubbish. She bought 2 nail varnishes and the shop assistant went to put each one into separate bags!! He looked at my daughter as if she was bonkers when she requested no bag at all! What can we do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I’m working on the ripple in the pond idea, I’ve thrown my stone in and hopefully, the ripple will catch someone on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we all try a little it will have a major effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the poster above says if we each do our little bit the ripples will gain momentum.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do we have to pay more for most loose fruit and veg. It's cheaper in plastic bags generally so difficult for families catering for many people. I don't know about Morrisons as we don't have one here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Convenience has become too convenient. Not only are loose things more expensive, there isn’t much choice. Just one type of apple, pear and tomato yet loads of choice in prepacked.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.