Wednesday 24 July 2019

Goodness..

Yesterday’s temperature peaked at 32.3 in the shade. The rest of the leeks didn’t get put in so are still in their jug of water. I harvested the last few stalks of viable rhubarb (in a jug of water) and the remainder of the black currants, were rinsed and are sitting in the fridge. It was just too hot to do more with them.

DB was on putting up and taking down mode with the bigger set of curtains. I am more than pleased to say they are finished.

Don’t even get me started on the election of our new Prime Minister!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you got your curtains all settled. You and DB have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not fun in this heat but at least we will enjoy them in the cooler weather.

      Delete
  2. I am lost for words with the election of our new Prime Minister...! Those temperatures my goodness, the highest we have got is 19 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hotter today and really hot tomorrow. Cooler at the weekend.

      Delete
  3. I despair, I really do. It was bad enough when the US elected the Trump.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry that the long lost brother of Trump is now your prime minister. I despair over what the world is coming to.

    Our election in Canada is this fall, and while the Liberals have pulled into the lead once again. It isn't by much and I am keeping my fingers crossed that they get in once again. I do not want the Opposition party in as we would more than likely go back 20 years...and get taxed more for it.

    God bless.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! At least they will be in good company with each other! Heaven help the planet, there are so many of these people in charge of it.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.