Monday 26 August 2019

Crumbles...

I made enough crumble topping for 3 but stretched it to four. I used 400g Plain Flour, 250g cubed cold butter, 100g of sugar (reduced for our taste), 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ground ginger. To stretch it I also added 80g oats and a sprinkling of chopped walnuts.

All the fruit was from our garden, finely chopped and raw. Left bramble and apple, top and bottom right, rhubarb:
This one is rhubarb and pear:
They were cooked at 200C for 40 minutes. I put a little sliver of fruit on the top of most so I could label them properly afterwards.

10 comments:

  1. clever idea about labelling - I must remember that one, having been caught out before!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another tip I have started using is to write on masking tape as I usually write on the bags themselves and it smears off whilst thawing. Hopefully tape will be better but I haven't yet thawed anything that has it on!

      Delete
  2. Good tip about the labeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhubarb and pear, sounds very interesting and something that I might really enjoy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip about identification. I've played food roulette on a number of occasions. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never added cinnamon and ginger to crumble toppings. But I shall now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn’t quite enough for this amount of crumble.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.