Saturday 31 August 2019

Its magic...

Cosmic Shimmer Opal paints, have an interference element to them, which means they show as different colours on different backgrounds, in particular black and white cardstock:

The top part of the top snaps off, revealing its applicator sponge. Although I only did one light sweep of each colour, the colour deepens as you apply more. You can see the colour in the bottle more or less matches on the white cardstock at the bottom.

In the middle is kraft cardstock, a slight difference but the most striking difference is the black cardstock. I hope to have a good play with these.

Back to my acetate trial, where each ink failed dismally as I didn't have the correct acetate, my write on cheap stuff does indeed allow for embossing, which I did very carefully, so as not to buckle it with the heat:



10 comments:

  1. Well done for persevering.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really making me want to get my craft stuff out. You are doing a grand job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I am enjoying myself and have just started a record keeping book so I know what I am doing and can check back.

      Delete
  3. I don't know if you have tried it but I used to use overhead projection film for all my stampy and inky doings. It has a slightly textured side which is great for stamping on as the stamps don't slip and it will take heat for embossing.
    Mine was from Rymans and I always bought the large pack of 100 sheets as I got through it like nobody's business.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that and will take note for future reference. I am using OHP but write on. I think I need lazer print OHP but at the moment, don't want to persue it further. Too busy enjoying myself with these paints.

      Delete
  4. I love hearing about how you are enjoying trying your new stamps and paints.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a big craft fair just outside of Exeter this month, which I always go to. I might have a look at these paints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although only 6 of these, they also do loads more, non interference types, Metallic, glitter kiss etc.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.