Tuesday 27 August 2019

No more apples and pears

I hope the weather now starts to cool, it has been way too hot for me. Our shade temperature reached 31.9C yesterday. Nothing compared to some countries I know, but we aren’t used to it.

Even though the bugs and birds have taken their toll on our fruit this year, we will still have enough to not buy any for weeks. Once the bad bits are cut out, everything left is edible and they taste superb. The little trained Comice pear has loads but they are not ready yet:
Laxtons Superb are bug ridden but ready, loads to eat once processed:
The red williams pear is also plentiful, not quite ready:

We also have an Egremont Russell apple but its fruits are very small and probably won't come to much.

Any fruits that are unblemished will be stored in the fridge to slow down their ripening. We began eating our own fruit this week and should have enough for at least 2 months.

8 comments:

  1. They look absolutely amazing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking very good in your orchard,I'm going to be begging for cooking apples this year - pathetic crop - about a dozen if I'm lucky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here on the cooker front, less than a dozen.

      Delete
  3. Wow, they all look lovely, I miss my fruit trees and I miss growing full stop. I'm including my new address as I've just starting to blog again and blogger won't let me use my old one. frugalinessex1.blogspot.com Tx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Address added to my reading list.

      Delete
  4. My pears did not even flower this year. Hoping to see blossoms next year. Yours look wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one pear tree that has never flowered.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.